[pct-l] Pemmican

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Jul 9 08:02:01 CDT 2012

Thanks for the tips. I like the "flavor" of my pemmican (if you can
call not really having any flavor "flavor"), but I don't like how the
beef is crunchy. Maybe after sitting in my cupboard for a couple
months it'll be softer, but I won't hope too much. You are absolutely
right about the kick-ass nature of the food source. I'm always
amazed. I'm willing to eat something so tasteless for that kind of
energy.

I made some coconut "pemmican" which is not pemmican at all, but a
candy bar layered, bottom up, with Trader Joe's flattened banana, a
mixture of almond butter, beef tallow and shredded coconut, topped
with pressed dates and chopped walnuts. With the tallow the
concoction is amazing.