[pct-l] NOBO hiker ride

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Fri Jul 6 17:01:28 CDT 2012

That's Skamania County Transit out of Fisher Landing in Vancouver, WA. They
connect with another bus line to and from Portland, but you won't have time
for that.
http://www.gorgetranslink.com/transit-skamania.html

The three eastbound buses leave Fisher Landing at 7:00 am, 12:35 pm, and
6:10 pm, Monday through Friday.

They should reach The Bridge of The Gods at approximately 7:45 am, 1:25 pm,
and 6:55 pm.

The fare is $1 or $2.

Given your 4 pm arrival time, and factoring in reclaiming baggage, you'd be
wise to have a cab take you directly from PDX to Fisher Landing (SE 164th
Ave and  SE Cascade Park Drive just north of SR 14). That would leave you
time to make a fuel purchasing stop on the way.

There is a Best Western motel just across the bridge in Cascade Locks, OR if
you want to stay overnight or do some local shopping for fresh food and/or
fuel. Alternatively, depending on which direction you are hiking, there are
good camping opportunities with reliable water within 2 hours of the bridge
either direction.