[pct-l] Water borne diseases

Foot Locker pctfootlocker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:30:19 CDT 2012

Yes I am a troll, a hiking troll and proud!  Anyhow, a child dies
every 20 seconds from water borne diseases! I personally have
witnessed humans(discusting creatures) bathing in the same water us
wonderful hikers drink, times that by however many of us who loosely
follow rules, ethics, and the absolute carelessness of the dayhikers,
and flat out stankheads who mess with our "great" water sources and
you got "reason to treat and filter"  Plus the stuff from animals,
dead animals,(sorry dead animal, no pun intended) old mines...etc.
This may be all good with tough guys like Ken, but I would recommend
filtering and treating water when needed, why risk it? How do you know
whats been there and whats upstream?!!! I personally am offended by
accusations of dirty hands or whatever causeing most of hikers medical
problems, I crap maybe a couple times a day and as an obsessed hiker,
I make sure my hands are clean and I dont crap and stick my hand in a
gorp bag(lame), and I dont touch others, or there gorp bags!  The idea
of filter companys putting fear into people, is kinda like 9-11
conspiracy theorys...Do some other research besides the fine PHDs, how
about some research on hikers after sierra city getting sick, these
waters are polluted, and people forget DECADES of abuse to our
watersheds. Thank you for posting my email...I should have posted that
one you sent me last year about another lister! Thanks for the apology
Ken, WE accept! I think this is why I dont post anymore, I tend to
boost the ratings! Thanks for reading, Hike On.