[pct-l] starting from walker pass in late june?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Jan 28 18:14:58 CST 2012

On both my two long section hikes I left Hikertown on June 1. I don't
know what that adds up to be for when I left Walker Pass. I don't
think end of June is a huge problem. There is reliable water, spaced
widely apart, but reliable. It might be hot but if you have So Cal
experience, you know how to handle it. You do get up into the trees
shortly after Walker Pass and it is much improved over the section
prior to Walker Pass. I have also done that section in October. Brr.
It was cold in October, but still, the same water sources were
available.