[pct-l] Rest Periods During A Thru-Hike

Frank Gilliland frankgilliland at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:37:07 CST 2012

More important to me is that i take breaks when I need them.  I guess that's why I hike solo most of the time.  I am 6' 2" but I hike somewhat slow. I guess you can say that I mozzy along.  But I make up for my pace by hiking for longer periods and I also like to hike into late evening.  I really like to hike with others, but I don't find very many people who want to hike at my pace.  When I try to keep up with faster hikers I notice a marked fatigue level.  So long story short, hike you own pace, hike till you need to rest, hike, rest, repeat..........

Sent from my iPad