[pct-l] Northern California/Oregon Section Hike Suggestions

Case caserr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 21:25:18 CST 2012

Unfortunately I won't be able to do a thru-hike until 2013, but this summer
my brother and I have been afforded the opportunity to spend about two
weeks traipsing about northern California/Oregon before attending a family
reunion near Eureka, CA. My question is this, what sections of the PCT
would you all recommend in norCal/Oregon from early to late July? Ideally
we'd like to cover approximately 15 miles/day in the most scenic,
contiguous section of trail we can find. It would be cool to incorporate
the Eagle Creek Trail (I think that is the one where you hike under a
waterfall?). Is the PCT "better" or more interesting on one side of that
trail than the other? We are completely open to any suggestions and have
thus far only brainstormed but I remember reading in several trail journals
that the Eagle Creek Trail was pretty cool (if indeed that is what it is
called). Another thought that I have had is that it would be really nice if
there was a loop of some sort so we would not have to backtrack to our
car... Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Case