[pct-l] Barefoot Hiking

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 14:59:45 CST 2012

I use barefoot runners for around town and a bit of running and really like
them - but I know for me they would not work on a thru hike.  After wearing
them for a long enough time my feet get tired.  This is why I got them to
help toughen up my feet before the hike.

I like the idea of wearing them just a hour or two each day while hiking
and I am sure my feet would love it - I doubt I will though because I just
can't justify carrying them just for the hour a day of use.  If my feet
required it I would - but they do okay in trail runners.

I am hopeful that by wearing them before it helps with the transition from
the sedentary life to the life of hiking all day - we will see.

Day-Late