[pct-l] Barefoot Hiking

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Sat Jan 21 00:23:31 CST 2012

We have been using New Balance Minimus Trail shoes. They are New Balance's
version of the barefoot hiking shoes. Like the Merrill Five Finger shoes
they have only a vibram sole between your foot and the ground. They are as
comfortable as slippers. We even have a non-hiking friend who loves his
Minimus shoes.

Like Shroomer we have moved to less and less support. Our feet are stronger
so we don't need the support. Our feet feel much better. On the trail our
feet do get roughed up with the rock, but they got a lot of that with other
trail runners.

What ever you do for shoes you need to test them out before you get on the
trail.

Good Luck on your hike.

Ken