[pct-l] Mountain House #10 tins - breaking them up into, zip locks?

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Thu Jan 19 17:28:46 CST 2012

I have never used the big tins.  But I do open up the Mountain House packets and put them into the quart sized zip lock freezer bags.  There is little if any weight savings, but I have found that after I put the boiling water into the bags that they fit very nicely into my JetBoil Sol pot.  After the meal is rehydrated I can open the zip lock bag and it folds very nicely over the pot.  So I have the insulated pot to keep the meal warm and my hands cool.  When the meal is done I stuff the days trash in the zip lock and close it up.  I have found the zip lock package packs better and makes fixing and eating the meal easier.

Ed Jarretthttp://aclayjar.blogspot.com/