[pct-l] Mountain House #10 tins - breaking them up into zip locks?

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Jan 19 14:00:31 CST 2012

I haven't bought any MH #10 cans of pre-mixed meals, but I have used lots of the #10 cans of individual meats, fruits, veggies, and cheeses (all freeze-dried).  This approach allows me to mix whatever meat, veggie, and/or cheese in a serving-size ziplock, then mix with a trail-bought carbo like rice, Lipton side, mashed potatoes, ramen, etc.  Approx. # of different meals = 6 x 6 x 12 x 4.

The fruits and cheese make great on-the-tral snacks.

They will last many months if kept cool, dry, sealed, and out of sunlig ht.  I have meal packs from 2010 that are still good to go.  My source is www.b eprepared.com .

Mango