[pct-l] Mountain House #10 tins - breaking them up into zip locks?

Ron Cordell ron.cordell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:31:00 CST 2012

So the idea is to save space in a bear canister by getting rid of the foil
vacuum packaging the Mountain House comes in, correct?

What do you use to contain the boiling water/freeze dried foods? Would a
ziplock stand up to 200 degF water if it were inside some sort of re-usable
container like a foam pouch or something? I suppose I could actually do
some experimenting with that...

If I use a BearVault BV500 or a Bearikade, how many Mountain House single
service packages will actually cram in there? I haven't gotten my hands on
one of these yet to experiment...

-ronc