[pct-l] Postholer PCT-L -Forum/Ned's Forum on Postholer.com

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 18 08:02:57 CST 2012

---- Fred Walters <fredwalters2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm keen to thru-hike PCT but wont make it 2012.
>
> People get an impression from what goes on here and the resent messages do
> not look good.  PCT now has a slight bad taste - we're having 2nd thoughts.

Don't mistake people presenting their different takes on what works on the trail
with bitching, though it might come across that way on the Internets. It's not a good
form of communication.

A lot of perspectives are presented here from Ned's desire to be ready for Mt. Everest
should it suddenly appear on the trail, to Chuck using a single poncho as pack, shelter,
rain gear, floor polisher and a desert topping. :-)

The trail is a different place. Who knows, if you are an old curmudgeon like me, once
on the trail you might find hikers TOO friendly! To my knowledge there are no jerks
on the trail.

Except maybe for that guy last year who kept leaving cigarette butts on the trail.

Gary