[pct-l] Wind farms crossing PCT at Cameron Canyon and Kelso

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:44:43 CST 2012

Timothy wrote:

But take a closer look and see what is becoming evident further up the trail
as well as at Altamont Pass in the East Bay and elsewhere.  Abandoned no
longer functioning windmills.  Rusting, in some cases twisted, eyesores
ensconced on some of the most visually prominant locations in the
surrounding landscapes. Some of these have been left literally for decades
and continues to be inexorably joined by their fellows as they reach the end
of their respective lifespans.

That's a really good point and one I hadn't considered before.  Who cleans
up the end-of-life equipment?

But at the end of the day, I still have to agree with whoever said that we
should be very, very thankful all we have to deal with are windmills and not
coal mining along the PCT.  Windmills are unsightly but coal mining makes
entire mountains literally *disappear*.  Kind of puts our wilderness
destruction problems into perspective.

Eric