[pct-l] Wind farms crossing PCT at Cameron Canyon and Kelso

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 09:56:17 CST 2012

Wind farms are not the perfect solution, but they are far less destructive than most other types of energy production.  As long as our population keeps exploding and our "needs" for energy consumption keep expanding, so will energy production.

Rather than protesting wind farms, I think we do more good for our trail by modeling energy saving behavior.  We can  install solar panels on our own homes, reduce our own energy consumption, and encourage others to do so.  We can contribute to groups like Zero Population Growth, Union of Concerned Scientists, and  the Wilderness Society.

Thanks for letting me voice an unpopular opinion.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Penny Melko <pmelko at ximatek.com> wrote:

> Hello fellow hikers,
>
> This is my first posting to the group. I hope this is appropriate to
> broadcast because the topic is critical to hikers.
>
> Those of us living near Tehachapi are experiencing the total destruction of
> the mountain ranges that traverse the Pacific Crest Trail by wind turbines.

SoleDoctor