[pct-l] john muir

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 08:16:30 CST 2012

Hi Shroomer,
That's my favorite quote from John Muir. It has always inspired. That is why I have always tried to camp alone, in some wild place, well off the trail. Back in the 50's, I took many glorious solo cross country backpacking and climbing Sierra journeys to some of the wildest places I could find. Then, I visited lake basins and unspoiled canyons that had no trail access. Often, there was no sign that others had been there before.  Let's get back into the mountains. I wonder if you have read the book "Luminous Mountains - The Sierra Nevava of California"?
Kindest Regards,
MendoRider-Hiker