[pct-l] new hiker!

helen walsh hwalsh3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:55:17 CST 2012

Hi everybody- I tried to post a bit back about first time hiking, but think
I accidentally ended up mailing individual people (sorry about that!). In
any case, I am an 18 yr. old high school grad looking to spend my summer
hiking, and was wondering what sort of tips you could give me or
experiences you had when you first set out- this would most likely start
out as a solo trip, and would either be on the PCT, AT, or the Mountains-
to - Sea trail in NC. Additionally, I am a bit nervous about being a
solo woman on the trail, though not enough to keep me from any aspirations.
Advice? Suggestions? I already acquired a Golite Jam, and am thinking about
a tarp tent.
Thanks!
Leni