[pct-l] Heavier Sleeping Bag versus Lighter Sleeping Bag &Extra Clothing

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:49:59 CST 2012

Dear Edward

I only stated the strategy how to minimize the total weight. Some are
cold sleepers, and others are warm sleeper. It depends on person.

My standard sleeping equipment is:

Marmot Helium EQ
Exped Downmat 7 M

My standard clothes are:
T-shirts,
briefs,
thin long shirts and tights
shorts,
long gaiters
rain suits.
A light weight down vest

In winter, especially for snow camping, I sometimes bring  micro fleece suits.

Thin long shirts and tights are used for night clothes.

I always hike with T-shirts and shorts and long gaiters until
temperature drops to the freezing point. When the weather is windy and
chilly, at first I wear a rain jacket, and secondly I wear long
undershirts, and thirdly, rain pants.

When it is too hot at night, I sleep without a sleeping bag, mattress,
and underwear in a tent. So I think hotness is not a problem.

But, When it is too cold to sleep at night, it is a big problem. With
my equipment, I can  tolerate until   -10 degrees centigrade.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )