[pct-l] Using a GPS on a low snow year

James Vesely JVesely at edmsupply.com
Wed Jan 11 15:59:11 CST 2012

Don't forget smartphones, I have a HTC Incredible and use Backcountry
Navigator for my gps and an extended Li-ion battery (3500 mah) is only
$7 on EBay.  At that price you could carry two or three.

A smartphone can be used for journal entries, playing music, watching
video, making calls over wifi, access the internet, AM/FM radio,
reading, survival manual, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3500MAH-EXTENDED-BATTERY-COVER-CASE-HTC-DROI
D-INCREDIBLE-/250965670825?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3a6eb83ba9