[pct-l] Using a GPS on a low snow year

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Jan 11 14:31:11 CST 2012

Good afternoon, Alex,

 Overall, the PCT is pretty easy to follow, even for a less-experienced
hiker.  Some hikers don’t really navigate at all; they just follow other
hikers, or their tracks. A GPS is OK – and I use one a lot because I’m so
enamored with the technology -- but unless it’s familiar, it won’t tell you
anything useful, and it will just be additional weight.

Some additional navigation thoughts are at:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=265247

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye