[pct-l] Heavier Sleeping Bag versus Lighter Sleeping Bag &Extra Clothing

James Vesely JVesely at edmsupply.com
Wed Jan 11 13:46:49 CST 2012

9.5 degrees how did you come to that figure?  It seems a little high.

A silk liner adds almost zero boundary layer and if it is breathable almost zero heat retention.  A better solution would be a reflective infrared bearer like a Mylar emergency blanket but I am sure it wouldn't be all that comfortable.

Jim

Subject: Re: [pct-l] Heavier Sleeping Bag versus Lighter Sleeping Bag &Extra Clothing

Yoshi,
Being warm isn't my only concern for comfort, Sometimes being too warm on a warm night must also be considered.  That is why I do not bring a "heavy" sleeping bag but opt for a silk liner instead to help add the warmth difference - 9.5 degrees. Read my last post on this.