[pct-l] Wind farms crossing PCT at Cameron Canyon and Kelso Valley near Tehachapi, CA.

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jan 10 09:32:51 CST 2012

Thank you for this. I did not see any raptors in that section myself,
but I did see the environmental impact. I have been dismayed at the
inability to communicate even to members of the Sierra Club what I
saw. Nobody will believe wind energy isn't green. I try to show my
pictures, how every turbine requires a dirt road, how they can't be
built or maintained without a diesel crane (got pictures of that,
too), that they are just derivatives of oil, not solutions but they
throw up their arms and say we need it and it's green energy and I
don't know anything. I was there in the flickering light and the
hideous whine and the fumes from the crane but nobody cares. Keep
fighting.