[pct-l] Halfmile's PCT maps have been updated for 2012

Halfmile list at lon.net
Tue Jan 10 01:27:28 CST 2012

Well let's see...

On the Halfmile map page you linked to I see four water sources
clearly marked, but a note that one is cow polluted....Postholer maps
only labels cow polluted Donomore Crk...yuck!

Halfmile's mileage estimates are within 1/10th mile of the Data Book
[and Yogi's Handbook] at the CA/OR border...Postholer maps differ by
about 14 miles.

Given all of Postholer's programming skill, it's a same he doesn't
actually spend some time out on the trail collecting data. He would
make better maps and probably have a better attitude too.

-Halfmile