[pct-l] Question on stoves

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Mon Jan 9 11:04:34 CST 2012

Just to be devil's advocate for a bit.
White gas stoves have some advantages over alcohol and butane:

They are more controllable than alcohol stoves, which have no on/off valves. Of course, butane
stoves are the champions here. Alcohol stoves can be dangerous in inexperienced hands.

The fuel lasts longer. A bottle of white gas can last a long time in the field, especially with conservative use.

Less waste than butane as you don't have not quite empty canisters to toss.

White gas is readily available.

Gary