[pct-l] maps and books

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 21:03:25 CST 2012

Alicia,

I used Yogi's pages (a few, not the entire book) and Halfmile's maps.  For one person, that would be my recommendation.  However, others used the Guidebook and maps and also Eric the Black's maps / guides and found them highly useful, too.

One aspect of this debate that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that three or four is better than one.  In the Sierra our group had three different sets of maps with one gps.  At times, we used all three maps to confirm location and route, resolve discrepancies, see a wider area, etc.  Even though we used Halfmile's maps most frequently, having additional map sets was more reliable than just any one map.  I recommend that you and your bf take different maps.

Good luck.

Mango