[pct-l] Need Advice: Using a Canister Stove

Gary Minetti gary.minetti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:50:29 CST 2012

I will be in the Class of 2012 heading north following the kick-off and I have not settled the stove issue.

  My preferences is to take my MSR Pocket Rocket - reasonably light, easy and it has never failed me.  The downside is the canister issue. I looked at the web site identified in Yogi's Handbook and it appears that mailing canisters is possible if properly packaged and labeled.   Has anyone tested this and used a canister stove for the duration - or significant portion of the trip and if so, how did you pull off getting replacement canisters?

Much appreciated.

Gman
Higganum, Ct.