[pct-l] Cortizone shot

Tom Holz tom.holz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 00:11:10 CST 2012

I'll try to be more realistic.  Instead of seeing a therapist 2-3 times
a week for a month or more, go in once for an assessment and home
exercise program.  Then follow up 4-6 weeks later for a reassessment,
but if you are doing your homework consistently and don't see results,
just don't go back.

You can also learn a lot from the bookstore or library.  Check out books
on functional training and barefoot or marathon running.  Try "Chi
Running", "Athletic Body in Balance", or "Walk yourself well".

Cortisone treats pain and inflammation, but the root cause should be
treated, too.  Sink said he's attacking his pack weight, which goes hand
in hand with evaluating his hiking gait to gain efficiency and reduce
the stress on his knees even more.

Bigfoot