[pct-l] service animal

Josephine Pegrum Hazelett josie1066 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 22:08:37 CST 2012

Nathan,

In response to your comment that the owner should have to provide proof. I have no objection. In fact the tag around my dog's neck is large and a colorful blue--people frequently look at it because it is so visible. As I have already responded to a number of people on this list, the tag says he is a service animal and gives the phone number of the issuing agency. As far as I am concerned, anyone with a question is welcome to call that agency and confirm his status. But this misses the point, there may be a few people who abuse the law, but there are a great many people who benefit legitimately from the ability to have a service animal. Aren't there more important issues to deal with?

I, for one, would rather be hiking.

Sent from my iPad