[pct-l] All those...blah...people

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Wed Feb 29 11:41:50 CST 2012

---- mikey chapman <petergrubbfan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Better yet Gary,ask an old time rock climber about Alex Honnold!

Nah, they're OK with Honnold.

When I first subscribed to the list, it was weird to read people write about Jardine with reverence. He has very few fans, if any, in the rock climbing world. The controversy over whether or not he stole the idea for Friends is one thing, but when he chiseled holds in El Capitan he crossed a line for which he'll never be forgiven. To climbers, that was worse than drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa. And I agree with them.

Robbins and Harding made peace, and Robbins changed his mind about Harding's bolting. Jardine will never be forgiven.

Gary