[pct-l] Fw: Re: All those nice people...

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 00:42:54 CST 2012

Sorry to break it to the guy who thinks Yogi coined the term "Book of Lies"
as a marketing gimmick, but that's what we called the WP guides (first
edition) back in 1977--and I'm sure we weren't the first. And yet those
books were (and are still) the Bible, and we had great respect and
gratitude for the work that Tom Winnett and his crew did. (Still didn't
keep us from swearing at him frequently, however.) As good as it is, the
Bible leaves plenty of room for complementary publications from Yogi, Eric,
Halfmile, Chuck Long, Ray Jardine, and many others. And there's still
plenty of room for folks who want to do it old school.