[pct-l] Trail Etiquette Top Ten for a Rookie

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Feb 26 10:16:17 CST 2012

Diane,
If you follow the following rules you will be meet all the basic
trail etiquette.

Be nice to Switchback&  Reinhold.

Respect your elder.

Do not get mad at Switchback if he raids and plunders you in the
middle of the night...it's not his fault...he can't help it.

Accept Yoshi's offer to share a cup of coffee on the trail.

Be nice to dogs on the trail.

If you meet a "Heavy Trucker" on the trail, struggling under his
heavy load, offer to carry some of his gear.

And yes, share your Snickers bars with Switchback&  Reinhold and
comfort them when they are in distress.

JMT Reinhold
Your Etiquette Counselor
Diane wrote:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Diane and I will be going on my first thru-hike this April.
I am greatly blessed to be hiking with 2 Triple Crown hikers.

I have been reading all the informative and very amusing posts and would
like to learn more on basic trail etiquette.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Diane (no trail name yet)