[pct-l] Trail Angel

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Mon Feb 27 13:31:33 CST 2012

It’s the time of year I advise that there is at least some help here in northern CA. I live in Lake Shasta which is about 17 north of Mt. Shasta. I can access the PCT at Castle Crags; Scott Mt. Summit; Seiad Valley and occasionally Callahan’s. My husband and I are always willing to help primarily section hikers who need to be taken to/from a TH; a place to leave their car; and will accept a resupply package. I say mainly section hikers because that’s mainly who responds to our offers, not that we’re not here for thru hikers.  We’d be delighted to have a couple of thru hikers at a time to feed you, keep beer on hand (!), do your laundry and offer you a comfortable bed. I am sorry to say I do not have room for more than two at a time but taking a zero with us is always delightful for us in it gives us a chance to come to know a person. Getting to meet and come to know hikers is the high light of our summer. I myself am a section hiker but try to be home during “the” season. Most thrus arrive in this area between middle of July to early August. Anyway, contact me off line and I’ll be delighted to help if possible. 530-905-0507; jomike at cot.net.

are we there yet