[pct-l] Protein shakes as trail food?

Frank Gilliland frankgilliland at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 20:45:52 CST 2012

Since I tend to go "NO Cook" I have developed some rather strange food
groupings.  I try to get some protein, carbs and fats into one single meal.

While not truly a "protein" drink, my favorite breakfast and sometimes
mid-day pick me up is:

scoop of Nido whole milk
two packages of Instant Breakfast
package or two of an instant coffee product (bonus food group: coffee)

shake it up in a re-purposed wide mouth Gatorade bottle and enjoy.....I
find that this drink pairs well with a Snickers.

StarMan

PS  Bonus Gorp recipe:  equal parts Frittos, Corn Nuts and M&Ms

I've been working out with a physical trainer for several months, and he
persuaded me to drink a protein shake (Muscle Milk) right after my daily
workout.  Today I did a 6 mile interval walk/run, and as I was drinking
my shake I was wondering, does anyone use this stuff as trail food?
Does anyone on this list do so?