[pct-l] Hiking with your dog

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:26:30 CST 2012

Whenever I hike with my dog (local trails) my dog is trained to sit
whenever another hiker approches.    Most people are comfortable with a dog
that is sitting as it is very unthreatening.

A funny aside, on one hike I came across a fresh pile of bear scat and was
wondering how my dog would react if we encountered a bear.  About 10
minutes later we rounded a bend in the trail and there in the middle of the
trail, about 20 feet away, was a large black bear.  My dog promptly sat
down.  The bear ran off.

Day-Late