[pct-l] Wilderness Press Books and YOGI

J J pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Sun Feb 26 15:47:10 CST 2012

Oh Lenny,

You have more power than you give yourself credit for. You can stop yourself from commenting about copyright concerns. And I wish you had.

Who is Yogi? You must be new here. She has hiked more miles on the PCT and other trails than you have dreamed of. She has written what many hikers to consider to be essential guides to the CDT and PCT.

The hiker community is not made up of one kind of person. There are members of both major political parties, and many weird splinter ones. Some follow the law and others are scofflaws. Giving copyrighted material away, especially to someone who might otherwise buy it is wrong. But you know that. It's not that person's right to give it away. Corporate stooge? What are you? Twelve years old?

If you accomplish as much as Yogi and create as much as she has, please comment on her right to lecture about people using or misusing copyrighted material.

[Steps down off soap box.]

Walk well,
J J