[pct-l] Park Rangers

J J pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Sat Feb 25 15:56:14 CST 2012

Rachel,

You helped clarify my thinking. A friend and I had a bad experience in Yosemite. We had hung our clean utensils in an orange sack for drying, and were awakened at about midnight when a volunteer ranger had dumped the bag on the ground and kicked it. She thought it was a food bag. Action before questions. Inexperience and overzealousness, probably.

But. Having read what your mother experienced, I wonder how dispassionate I could be when scofflaws practice inappropriate behavior in the wilderness. Thanks for your message.

Walk well,
J J