[pct-l] Snowshoes and Crampons

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Fri Feb 24 20:29:11 CST 2012

I was on the trail from Hwy 18 around the backside (north facing) slopes of Big Bear Lake north shore for President's Day (Mon-Tues)

4-6 inches of snow on the trail around the back of Gold Mountain.  Van Dusen Cyn Rd to Cougar Crest Trail was almost all covered with 8-12 inches of powder snow.

This was almost all the result of the two storm cells that moved through the week before.

Coming down Cougar Crest Trail, I encountered the Fourth Hiker of the Apocalypse - MUD. (The other three being: Heat, Wind & Precipitation)

Bill Burge
bill at burge.com