[pct-l] The dreaded Backpacks

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 22 08:25:56 CST 2012

Good morning, Flo,

Important in the decision about a pack is the amount of weight you plan to
carry, and to a lesser degree, the volume you need for resupply increments
and a bear ‘can in some areas.

I’m perfectly comfortable with a frameless 13 oz. pack carrying my sub-10
pound base weight.  My suspicion is gear for Euro-style hiking is less
focused on ultra-lite, 4-month hikes.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/