[pct-l] HYOH- campfires

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 17:50:04 CST 2012

Johanna,
You are too nice. The issue is not negotiable - I say, there should be a stiff fine for building a campfire where it is prohibited. Is there? Report them to rangers, who will, I hope, write a citation. We can't gamble that people like that won't start wildfires. Hikers who witness this behavior, should tell them to put the fire out immediately. If they do not, report them. Protect our trail, and the environment that it passes through.
MendoRider-Hiker