[pct-l] SOCKS

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Feb 15 23:40:39 CST 2012

My longest day on the PCT was about 14 miles. I haven't had a blister in
years. I wear Smartwool medium weight hiking socks. They adhere well enough
to my feet that the sheer of my foot moving around in my shoe occurs within
the sock rather than in my skin, or maybe between the sock and the shoe.
Whatever is the reason this works for me. I've also switched to using loose
fitting shoes and took in o beds out of my shoes. (thanks listers) My feet
feel better as well as I have slightly better balance since there is less
give in the shoe to complicate my balance. YMWV.

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.