[pct-l] HYOH- campfires

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Feb 12 12:57:13 CST 2012

I witnessed still-smoldering campfires north of Belden, too. I hiked
through there in 2009 and 2010. In 2009 I was a month ahead of most
thru-hikers. In 2010 I was within the herd. I am not sure the
campfires in that area were left by thru-hikers, but it certainly
seems to be a problem in that section of the trail.