[pct-l] SOCKS

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Feb 11 16:04:15 CST 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 8:37 AM, Edward Anderson wrote:

> Diane,
>
> Going by the picture that you provided, it is obvious that you were
> hiking wearing shorts.

Nope. Long pants. I couldn't believe how dusty the PCT gets,
especially in Northern California. I had a nightly ritual to wash my
legs and feet each night with my bandana. My 2009 yellow PCT bandana
was ruined from that.

Dirt does not get into my shoes from the top because of the gaiters.
It goes right in through the mesh of the shoes instead. How it gets
up my pants all the way to my thighs I haven't a clue.