[pct-l] HYOH- campfires

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 13:16:04 CST 2012

It's impossible to predict what the winds will do - when they will increase or unexpectedly, change direction. Newbie hikers won't necessarily use good judgment when selecting a camp location. And the unexpected can happen.  Fires are, and have been, destructive to the PCT. Every year, in my experience, parts and entire Sections, have been closed due to fires. Sometimes they are started by lightning, and other times by humans. Let us all be extremely cautious when using fire.

MendoRider-Hiker