[pct-l] Late May for an ole man

Webmail dcooper dcooper at bigsky.net
Thu Feb 9 19:59:59 CST 2012

Thank you all for your input.  I've received incredible information and
generosity offering helpful advice. Reaching Canada in 2012 is a goal but
is equally important to me as being out there. The logistics of it all have
to be a compromise between environmental, personal strength and endurance,
and the need for speed. But borders are, after all, just a man made
construct. After the 6 year expedition and the time spent in the
backcountry on the Continental Divide, the only border that ever mattered
was the one created by powers greater than us...that being the northern
physical terminus of the Continental Divide...where land meets the Bering
Strait.  That was indeed a border goal, a bench mark, but honestly it
really didnt matter...there was no big celebration...just a lot of personal
questions and a terminus to a way of life.  But in reality, I will shoot
for Canada and try to finish in 2012...and do it as light as possible!!!
 Things have changed. This forum and its members are just
incredible...absolutely incredible.  For now (while I compile the
questions) I just want to say thanks. I'm glad to see the long distance
hiking community has not changed with the times. ("Don't drink and
derive"...why the hell do I still laugh at that....?)
Cooper