[pct-l] Handshakes

Michael S michaels at skepticalraptor.com
Wed Feb 8 15:57:14 CST 2012

I'm sorry, but there's no such thing as a "balanced ecosystem of germs" since every day we are exposed to thousands, if not millions of new viruses and bacteria every day.  And water is a major source of intestinal issues, mostly not because of bacteria or viruses, but mainly from pathogenic parasites such as nematodes, amoeba, and other things.

But I do agree with you.  Not only would I not want to eat from someone else's gorp bag, but I wouldn't want them in mine.  In a healthcare setting, no one sticks their hands into someone else's potato chips or peanuts, they pour it out into their hands.  Probably something you should do if you run into a starving soul on the trail.

Michael
michaels at skepticalraptor.com
http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php