[pct-l] Another shoe topic

Douglas Tow douglastow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:21:59 CST 2012

Good morning!

In the fast-changing shoe world, just a reminder that if you want to have a
planned or standby replacement for your shoes during your hike, consider
not waiting to get a replacement for your stash - particularly if you have
enough trail miles "under your feet" to know you want the same shoes when
it comes time to switch out.  Models change and are discontinued.

I tried lots of shoes, and got to liking a particular ASICS model.  Since I
normally wear size 14 and hike in size 15, I tried to order a second pair
(later) from a large online retailer, and they had discontinued carrying
them, saying that a newer model was coming.  I was lucky to finally find
another pair of 15's from someone else.

C'mon, PCT season, open, open, open!

Doug