[pct-l] Wilderness Press PCT Guidebooks & Data Book

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Mon Feb 6 18:28:07 CST 2012

> 3. Has there been ANY discussion or thoughts at Wilderness Press about updating or new editions of the guides &
> data book at 'sometime' in the future, or is it a totally 'dead' issue and, therefore, 'nothing' coming out at a later date?
> 4. Re. maps not being digitized - I thought one can SCAN & digitize just about anything nowadays...
> Further comment/explanation would be greatly appreciated!Received a very prompt reply from Mike Jones of WP:
> "Quick
 reply.  You can scan and digitize anything but you can’t scan
everything so that you can make changes to the
> digital material, i.e.,
the maps (at least not without an extraordinary amount of expense).   We
 are in the process of
> making a decision about what we will be doing
with the PCT Guides in the future but haven’t finalized anything."
Thanks, Mike.

Seems the 'maps' are a 'problem' for WP making e-book versions of the guides...
We will have to "wait & see" what 'decision' WP comes to regarding future editions of the guidebooks (& Data Book?)...

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)