[pct-l] Wilderness Press PCT Guidebooks & Data Book

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Mon Feb 6 17:18:37 CST 2012

> Also asked about the possibility of e-book versions (whether old or new editions) being released: no response
> whatsoever about that given (same as last year, also)...  :-/

While out for a walk, received reply from a 2nd query - the possibility of e-book versions of the 'current' (though 'old')
editions of the guidebooks & data book...
>From Mike Jones at Wilderness Press:
> "The files for these books are so old that we cannot convert them into ebooks.  That is, the maps are not digitized
> and not compatible with ebook formatting."

So, I just sent a 3rd & 4th inquiry to WP (how did I ever get tagged with "PITA" anyway?)...
3. Has there been ANY discussion or thoughts at Wilderness Press about updating or new editions of the guides &
data book at 'sometime' in the future, or is it a totally 'dead' issue and, therefore, 'nothing' coming out at a later date?
4. Re. maps not being digitized - I thought one can SCAN & digitize just about anything nowadays...
Further comment/explanation would be greatly appreciated!

I'll pass along the responses when I get them...

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)