[pct-l] Kearsarge Pass

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Feb 5 12:47:21 CST 2012

On Feb 5, 2012, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> I've stayed at both the Dow Villa and Whitney Portal Hostel, and
> recommend
> them both highly.

Me, too.

The Dow Villa has a pool and jacuzzi and the Whitney Portal Hostel
doesn't but otherwise both are nice places to stay.

One thing to keep in mind is that the pool at the Dow Villa has a
sign that says no street clothes in the pool. I starting carrying a
bathing suit so that if I got to a place with a pool and a rule like
that I wouldn't miss out. I started joking to myself that the 10
essentials for thru-hikers were way different from the 10 essentials
for other hikers.