[pct-l] convertible hiking pants

Hikes and Bikes hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 01:59:30 CST 2012

I agree with the other women.  I started with some REI pants I bought in 2009.  I liked them - they had deep zippered pockets.  Unfortunately, they were dark green and very hot in Southern California.  These same pants got panned big time on the REI website.  Most curvy women complained that they just didn't fit right.  At Cabazon, I went to the Columbia outlet mall and bought some lighter weight pants.  The fit isn't as great as the REI pants, plus they're regular length, rather than tall, so a little short.

What I do like are Macabi skirts - deep cargo pockets and the ability to customize skirt lengths.  I saw quite a few women on the trail this year in dresses/skirts - some with bare legs, some with tights.

Lost and Found

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!"