[pct-l] fishing opportunities

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Feb 3 09:23:18 CST 2012

On Feb 2, 2012, at 8:03 PM, Timothy Boyle wrote:

>     I'll be flying into San diego on April 25 and I'll probably go
> straight to Lake Morena for the KO before I start my thru.  That gives me
> two days to bum around the lake and fish.  My question: is it worth it to
> pack and carry my rod and reel through the southern CA section?  How many
> chances will I have to use it? (I plan on a leisurely pace, so time's not
> so much a factor.)

If you have a couple day to kill, start hiking!  You can easily get a
ride back to the KO from road crossings north of Lake Morena.  If you don't
want to worry about that then do an out-and-back and get comfortable with
your gear. You can probably solve any problems you encounter with your
gear at the KO.

Radar